A substance called CBD (cannabidiol), which itself is present in hemp plants, has been shown to enhance the therapy drastically. It also helps in the management of pain, anxiety and stress, epilepsy, and other neurological problems in dogs and cats.
Despite being derived from the cannabis plant, CBD oil does not include THC, the psychoactive ingredient of marijuana that offers users a “rush”.
The results of studies and scientific evidence on the advantages and dangers of CBD are still being developed. Still, so far, the outcomes are found to be very encouraging for various medical ailments and overall wellness. Let us find out what are the pros and cons of CBD oil for dogs.
Pros and cons of CBD oil for dogs:
Here is the list of the prominent pros and cons of CBD oil on dogs and other animals:
- Studies have demonstrated that CBD can assist pets whose mobility has been hindered by soreness, pains, stiffness, dullness, etc., engage in physical activity and alleviate symptoms linked to osteoarthritis.
- Pets who are already vulnerable to anxiety, stress, restlessness, etc., are demonstrated to experience soothing effects from it, and it can also promote relaxation.
- Studies have indicated that CBD oil can help dogs with epileptic seizures or other severe neurological disorders by decreasing the occurrence of their outbursts.
- Additionally, there is evidence that CBD oil has the capacity to alleviate the sensations of inflammatory bowel diseases, breathing problems, vomiting, and a host of other conditions that are typically encountered in pets.
- An effective skin barrier can be restored by CBD oil, according to research. Allergies, germs, and fungi are provided with the chance to penetrate the skin when this membrane is compromised, which leads to all the skin problems we experience. This layer can be healed with CBD oil, which will help your pet feel a fair bit better.
According to studies, there haven’t been many adverse effects associated with CBD use in animals.
- Reducing the dosage usually seems to solve these concerns. However, high dosages may lead to excess sleepiness/lethargy or gastrointestinal problems.
- The fact that there is currently no regulatory monitoring for the most CBD products—whether humans or animals are using them—raises the most significant doubts. There are numerous CBD oils available, and most of them—especially the cheaper ones—may not even include any CBD at all. Let alone any acceptable CBD, or they might contain hazardous additives or contaminants. For example, products marketed as “hemp oil” or “hemp seed oil” probably do not include the CBD ingredient and will not offer the same perks.
- It has been demonstrated that THC, which can be dangerous to pets, can be included in as much as 40 percent of Cbd oil.
Everything has its pros and cons. now you know what are the pros and cons of CBD oil for dogs. Where CBD oil has numerous health benefits and treatments; meanwhile, it also has a few disadvantages that may harm your dog or any other pet animal. So keep all the pros and cons in mind while purchasing CBD oil for your dog.
James Martin is a passionate writer and the founder of OnTimeMagazines & EastLifePro. He loves to write principally about technology trends. He loves to share his opinion on what’s happening in tech around the world.