Ugg Comforters are soft and delicate that make you feel cozy and warm during cold nights. If you’re using this comforter for quite a while, you might wonder how to wash Ugg comforter.
Washing a comforter might seem a daunting task as compared to doing your regular laundry. In reality, cleaning and maintaining your Ugg comforter isn’t that hard and you can do it yourself if you follow the right steps and techniques.
In this post, we will walk you through some simple steps on how to wash Ugg comforter. These helpful steps will preserve the softness and delicacy of your comforter and increase its longevity.
How to Wash Ugg Comforter
It is recommended to wash your comforters two to three times every year to keep them fresh and prevent any growth of allergens such as dust mites or fungal spores that can thrive in the warm conditions of your comforter.
Ugg comforters are sensitive and their delicate fibers are prone to getting frizzy after washing and drying. Hence, Ugg comforters need particular care during the cleaning process. It is suggested to read the manufacturer’s instructions on the label before washing a comforter.
What You’ll Need:
You may need the following materials before washing your Ugg comforter:
- Stain remover- A small amount of enzyme-based stain remover is required to remove the stains.
- Soft-bristled brush- This is necessary to remove the stains without damaging the fabric’s texture.
- Detergents- A gentle or natural laundry detergent is recommended to wash the comforter.
- White Vinegar- It helps remove any spots and stains from the comforter effectively while preserving the softness of the fabric.
- Wool dryer balls- The wool dryer balls prove to be helpful while cleaning as they reduce the drying time.
- Large capacity washer- It is required to efficiently clean the comforter without overloading the washer.
- A drying rack/ Clothesline- After washing, a drying rack or a clothesline will be required to completely dry the comforter.
A Step-by-Step Guide on How to Wash Ugg Comforter
- Wash the Comforter Separately
Ugg comforters are soft and delicate. There is a chance that their fragile and sensitive fibers will get frizzy when mixed with other clothes. Therefore, it is suggested to wash the comforter alone to prevent any exchange of lint between different fabric materials.
- Pre-treat the Stains on the Comforter
Before loading the comforter into your automatic washer, always look for any stains and try to remove them. This is done because the washer alone cannot remove all the stains and spots.
To do this, spread the comforter on a clean table or a bed and look for any stains. Apply a good stain remover, preferably an enzyme-based stain remover on the stain and leave it for about 10 minutes. This will moisten the stained areas and aid in removing the dirt and stains quickly.
Next, remove the stains manually using a gentle or soft-bristled brush. After that, flip the comforter and repeat the same process on the other side.
- Load the Comforter into the Washer
Put the comforter into the washer and select a gentle cycle setting on the machine.
For the washing process, a large-capacity washer is preferred. This is because a bulky comforter will require a larger space to move around in the washer in order to be thoroughly cleaned. If your washer isn’t large enough, you can opt for commercial options.
- Set the Right Temperature
After loading the comforter, set the temperature of the water. For washing Ugg blankets, it is recommended to use cold water to help maintain the comforter’s delicate fiber and texture. So, set cold water temperature and gentle cycle mode on your automatic washer.
- Add Laundry Detergent
In the next step, add your laundry detergent to your washer’s drum or distribution drawer. Use only 2 teaspoons of your detergent. Bleach is not advised as it wears down fabric and makes it stiff.
- Apply White Vinegar
Treat your comforter with ½ cup distilled white vinegar. White vinegar acts as a fabric softener. It also removes stains and eliminates odors.
- The Drying Phase
Use low or medium heat settings for the drying process. Put the comforter into the dryer along with wool dryer balls. These balls will prevent the blanket from clumping. They also help fluff the comforter and reduce the drying time.
Shake and fluff the comforter after every few minutes. This will help prevent wrinkles and keep the blanket in good shape. You can hang your comforter on a clothesline or you can use a drying rack. It is necessary to dry the comforter completely before reusing or storing it.
Important Tips to Keep your Comforter Clean and Fresh
- Your comforter should have a detachable cover that can be washed and cleaned easily.
- Turn over the comforter after each use to let the trapped moisture dry out completely.
- To keep your comforter fresh, hang it on a clothesline on a windy and sunny day. Direct sunlight also kills bacteria and dust mites in your comforter.
- Don’t allow pets to sleep in your bed.
- To remove unpleasant odors, use fabric refresher sprays. You can also fluff and move around the comforter filling regularly to fight odors.
- You should immediately blot spills and stains to prevent them from being absorbed into your blanket.
- Refrain from eating or drinking in your bed.
Washing your Ugg comforter requires special care and protection as they are delicate and sensitive. You can follow the simple steps mentioned above to wash your comforter without damaging its soft and fragile fibers. If you wash your comforter the right way, you can preserve its softness and fluffiness and prevent it from getting frizzy thereby increasing its lifespan.
How do you make an Ugg comforter soft again?
The Ugg comforter’s delicate and fluffy texture is hard to maintain because it can get frizzy and dry after the washing process. However, you can make your Ugg comforter soft again by applying the vinegar approach. Make a mixture of cold water and white vinegar and treat your comforter with this mixture. Leave it for a couple of hours and wash it thoroughly. After that, dry the comforter before using it.
How often should you wash your Ugg comforter?
It is recommended to wash your Ugg comforter two to three times a year. Many comforters have detachable coverings that can be easily removed and washed. Washing the comforters on time helps get rid of stains, body odors, and allergens such as dust mites. Moreover, you should always wash your comforter before storing it.
How do you wash and dry the Ugg Avery comforter?
You can wash and dry the Ugg Avery comforter by following these steps:
- Pretreat any stains before putting the comforter in the washing machine
- Place the comforter in the washer and set the delicate washing cycle with cold water.
- Apply the mild laundry detergent
- You can use distilled white vinegar to restore your blanket’s softness.
- Dry the comforter on the low heat setting of the dryer
- You can also air dry it by spreading it over the drying rack. Make sure to completely dry the comforter before use.
Can you wash the Ugg comforter in the washing machine?
Yes, you can wash the Ugg comforter in the washing machine. However, in order to preserve its delicate texture and integrity, it is suggested that you should use cold water and set a gentle washing cycle on your washing machine. Also, the comforter should be dried on a low heat setting. This prevents any harm to the delicate fibers of the blanket.
James Martin is a passionate writer and the founder of OnTimeMagazines & EastLifePro. He loves to write principally about technology trends. He loves to share his opinion on what’s happening in tech around the world.