A bright, white smile is one of the most attractive features a person can have. It can make you look younger, more confident, and more successful. But what if your teeth are not naturally white?
You are not alone if you have ever wished for a brighter, whiter smile. You can now get that dazzling smile that can light up a room with Teeth Whitening Manchester.
But before we dive into the teeth whitening options available, it is important to understand what causes teeth discoloration in the first place. So, let’s dive in!
Understanding the causes of tooth discolouration
There are two significant types of tooth discoloration: extrinsic and intrinsic.
- Extrinsic discoloration occurs when the outer layer of the tooth, known as enamel, is stained by external factors like food, beverages (coffee, tea, red wine), tobacco, or poor oral hygiene.
- Intrinsic discoloration involves the inner structure of the tooth, known as dentin, darkening due to factors such as ageing, certain medications, trauma, or excessive fluoride exposure.
Teeth whitening options
In-office teeth whitening
In-office teeth whitening treatments are typically the most effective and fastest way to whiten your teeth. This type of treatment involves the use of a high-concentration bleaching gel. The gel is spread on your teeth and activated with a special light.
In-office teeth whitening treatments can lighten your teeth in just one visit. The results are immediate and long-lasting.
B1 denotes the lightest naturally occurring tooth colour. So, if you choose professional Teeth Whitening Manchester, you have a higher chance of achieving the correct colour with supervision. On the other hand, DIY kits give you little control over the whiteness you attain.
At-home teeth whitening
At-home teeth whitening treatments are a more affordable option for whitening your teeth. These treatments come in the form of the following:
- Whitening strips are a popular at-home option. They are thin, flexible strips that contain a low-concentration bleaching gel. You put the strips on your teeth and leave them on for a specified time.
- Whitening trays are similar to strips but are moulded to fit your teeth. You fill the trays with a low-concentration bleaching gel and wear them for a while.
- Whitening gels are applied directly to your teeth with a brush or pen.
Even if these options are affordable, the fact that they are performed at home and not by a professional dentist is still a risk.
Natural teeth whitening remedies
If you prefer a more natural approach to teeth whitening, there are several remedies you can try at home. These remedies include:
- Baking soda: Mix it with water to make a paste, and brush your teeth. Baking soda is a mild abrasive that can help eliminate stains from teeth.
- Hydrogen peroxide: Rub it around your mouth for 30 seconds and then spit it out. Hydrogen peroxide is a naturally occurring bleaching chemical that may whiten teeth.
- Oil pulling: Swish sesame or coconut oil around your mouth for 15-20 minutes and then spit it out. Oil pulling is said to remove toxins from the mouth and whiten teeth.
Benefits of professional teeth whitening services
Expertise and guidance
Professional teeth whitening services are conducted by trained and experienced dental professionals with in-depth knowledge of Teeth Cleaning Services. They can assess your oral health, identify the cause of discoloration, and recommend the most suitable whitening treatment. Their expertise ensures safe and effective results.
Unlike one-size-fits-all at-home whitening kits, professional services offer customised treatments tailored to your needs. Dentists take into account factors such as the severity of discoloration, tooth sensitivity, and existing dental work to determine the optimal whitening solution.
This personalised approach is not possible in DIY kits and at-home methods.
Stronger and faster results
Dentists employ stronger whitening agents and advanced technologies that deliver more significant and faster results than at-home methods.
They have access to professional-grade whitening gels or lasers that can penetrate the tooth enamel, lifting stubborn stains and achieving a noticeably whiter smile in just one or a few sessions.
Enhanced safety measures
While at-home kits generally come with instructions, there is a greater risk of misuse or overuse of the whitening products, which can lead to tooth sensitivity, gum irritation, or uneven results.
On the other hand, professional Teeth Whitening Manchester prioritise safety and employ techniques to protect your gums and other oral tissues during the treatment. They have the expertise to monitor the process and ensure it is carried out correctly without compromising oral health.
Dentists often provide longer-lasting results compared to at-home solutions. They can provide post-whitening care instructions and advice on maintaining your newly whitened smile.
Also, they may offer touch-up treatments or customised maintenance plans to help you preserve the results for a more extended period.
Addressing underlying dental issues
Dentists can identify any underlying dental problems that may have contributed to the discoloration.
They can examine your teeth for cavities, enamel erosion, or gum disease and address these issues before proceeding with the Teeth Cleaning Services. This comprehensive approach ensures not only a whiter smile but also better overall oral health.
Teeth whitening aftercare tips
After undergoing a teeth whitening treatment, it’s important to take good care of your teeth to maintain your new, bright smile. Here are some aftercare tips to bear in mind:
- Stay away from food and drinks that can stain your teeth, such as coffee, tea, and red wine.
- Brush and floss daily to suppress plaque buildup.
- Use a whitening toothpaste to help maintain your dazzling new smile.
- Meet your dentist regularly to maintain your pearly whites.
Who does not want an illuminating smile that catches everyone’s attention? Now it is possible to achieve such a smile with Teeth Whitening Manchester. And for the best results, you should regularly visit your dentist for teeth whitening.
James Martin is a passionate writer and the founder of OnTimeMagazines & EastLifePro. He loves to write principally about technology trends. He loves to share his opinion on what’s happening in tech around the world.